WORLDWIDE MILITARY DEFENSE LAWYER
Drug and Alcohol Offenses
Sometimes our men and women in uniform find themselves facing accusations of drug use or offenses involving alcohol use, such as DUI, DWI, drunk and disorderly, and violation of general orders. Offenses like these can be overwhelming and threaten careers. Drug offenses, in violation of Article 112a of the UCMJ, require knowledge and experience with urinalysis tests, laboratory procedures, and the ability to rebut those inferences allowed by the law. Defenses require aggressive litigation during critical pre-trial motions and during trial itself. Alcohol offenses also require an aggressive attack of government experts, tests, and witnesses. Whether facing drug or alcohol charges, having the right lawyer on your side is critical.
Mr. Vokey has handled all manner of drug and alcohol offenses over the last sixteen years, including:
- Non-commissioned officer charged with unlawful use of marijuana. Due to pre-trial investigation and motions, all charges were dismissed, resulting in the accused reenlistment and promotion.
- Senior Air Force pilot charged with unlawful drug use. Through use of defense of unknown ingestion, accused officer found not guilty at trial.
- Sergeant charged with unlawful drug use sent to an administrative discharge board. Through the use of defense expert tests and an aggressive investigation, the sergeant was found to have committed no misconduct and returned to service.
- Navy petty officer accused of illegal possession and use of prescription drugs. Cleared of all charges.
- Marine corporal charged with drunk and disorderly. Found not guilty of the charge at trial.